Shadow Massacre
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

0 food/gold city

Go down

0 food/gold city Empty 0 food/gold city

Post  Gamesmen Thu May 27, 2010 8:25 pm

This is one topic that most people ask about. So I will do my best to explain it.
A 0 food/gold city or dummy city is a city that holds all your troops. Where you don't have to worry about producing food or gold for.
After every raid or conquer you transfer all food/gold to another city. Of course this can only be done when you reach at least knight and are able to make a 2nd city.

Example on how to use.
Say first city is setup with the basic things, castle, barracks, command center, lab, black smith.
The lab is optional at first. But I suggest having one in most if not all cities. It helps advance your technology.
Ok so that leaves us 4 spots. My personal fav is 2 archerys, 1 stable, 1 workshop. With this setup you can do all need pretty much. Or do 4 archerys, or 3 archerys and 1 stable. How ever you do it is up to you.
Ok so we got our first city going, pumping out axemen (preferred starter army)

As rep builds and hit knight we can make a city. I highly suggest putting 2nd city right next door. Makes for faster transfers. 2nd city (will be our 0 food/gold city) make sure you build castle AND command.
Biggest mistake alot of people do is reinforce new city with troops. Just so excited to get new city woot lets send all over.. WRONG! If you send troops over before you build your command center you can not do anything. You can't raid, transfer, nothing. And they arrive hungry and start eating all your resources.
Sooo build castle, wait, build command center, then go ahead send over troops if want.
For 0 city I like to build a blacksmith too. And not a super rush thing, but lvl when can. More blacksmiths help out with training up dmg and armor. And we all need that.
With 2nd city good idea to make barracks also. To make spys. Spys is only troops you can not give to another city. Also can make militia which is good buffers.
Ok so 2nd city we got castle, command center, farms and gold mines? Sure but dont worry about it.
Troops do not starve, or die.

Now send all troops to 2nd city. First city can now live happy with no upkeep. Ok with all troops in 2nd city we want to raid now. So send out a raid from 2nd city. If possible as soon as they come back you want to transfer all food/gold. Dont have to do math to figure out how many troops to use to transfer just use how many you sent on that raid. They carried that amount before can carry it again.
So lets transfer all resources back to city 1. When done, send on another raid, transfer, raid, transfer, raid.
With multiple cities (at least for me) my phone doesn't update all the time and I have to hit places, the city, to reload the city. To recognize the troops back. Before can transfer or raid again.

Can go on. But that is the idea behind a 0 food/gold city.
You save on resources cause not feeding them. You can go to bed knowing they wont starve or die. You can leave them sit knowing your food is not going away.
Well unless you go on a raid right before bed. Don't transfer. But what does 1 night feeding them hurt? hehe

(also keep in mind the game might fix this 'bug'. I like it and think it shouldn't be fixed. But they might, ya never know)

Any questions post below or ask me in game.

Gamesmen

Gamesmen
Admin

https://shadowpe.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

0 food/gold city Empty Re: 0 food/gold city

Post  Gamesmen Fri May 28, 2010 12:53 pm

Oh another thing with having a 0 food city.
You can not raid, conquer, transfer, reinforce over hour away.
If you haven't noticed if you do things under hour don't charge you.
But if you go over hour you have to pay (feed) them to be gone that long.
Have to keep travel times in mind. Just because your spy gets there in 10 minutes
Doesn't mean your axemen will.
What I do is click on random mobs do raid, then send 1 of each troop look at time.
Make a mental border around your city how far you can go.

When comes to get reapers you gotta be close, or spend a lot of food.
Say you have 1500 ballistas, that's 22.5k upkeep. Send them2 hours away
Will cost ya 45k food.
Or park a new city right next door close to an innumerable reaper, and farm away.

Gamesmen

Gamesmen
Admin

https://shadowpe.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum